Re: mapping equal-area grids

I don't know if there is a more elegant way, but you could fake this in by
first defining a regular grid, and then filling in the points that don't exist
on the globe with bad data values, possibly using some kind of mask.

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.