Re: irregular z axis

On Mar 20,  5:15pm, Alec Joubert wrote:
> I get the following error-message:
>  **ERROR: improper grid or axis definition: data for DEFINE
> AXIS/FROM_VARIABLE is not monotonic
>
> Does anyone know what this refers to, and how I might go about sorting it
> out?

It means that the variable you are trying to use does not monotonically
increase. Try listing the variable and seeing what values ferret is trying to
use. E.g., from the original posting you used:

If you have the depths available in a Ferret variable (i.e if you could type
	yes? LIST my_depths
and see your depths) then you can use this technique:

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.