Re: Solaris problems with ferret 4.90

Hi Steve,

I'm still having the same problem with the new ferret version on
solaris. I've tried your suggestions (something in the library path),
but my path was already set correctly. The funny thing is that the
GUI mode of ferret 4.9 does work... However this version seems to
have a problem with my 16 bit terminal.

Any new suggestions??

Thanks in advance,

Pepijn.

> From:          hankin@rogue.pmel.noaa.gov (Steve Hankin)
> Date:          Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:55:25 -0800
> To:            "VEEFKIND J.P. 254/1J10/4-3" <jpvn2@fel.tno.nl>
> Subject:       Re: Solaris problems with ferret 4.90
> Cc:            ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov

> Hi Pepijn,
>
> This appears to be a problem with incompatible Solaris shared libraries.
>
> We are looking into the problem and will get back to you as soon as we can.
>
> 	thanks for your patience - steve

> On Nov 28,  4:21pm, VEEFKIND J.P. 254/1J10/4-3 wrote:
> > Subject: problems with ferret 4.90 for solaris
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with the new ferret version (4.90) for solaris. When
> > I try to run the application the following error occurs:
> >
> >  f41sn1% ferret
> >         NOAA/PMEL TMAP
> >         Program FERRET (GUI)
> >         Version 4.90 - 11/19/97
> >         28-Nov-97 16:13
> >
> > ld.so.1: ferret: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found: rindex:
> > referenced in ferret
> > Killed
> >

> > I know that someone else already posted the same questions, but I
> > didn't see any responses...
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Pepijn

> > J. Pepijn Veefkind
> > TNO-FEL
> > tel (+31) 70 374 0000  (operator)
> > tel (+31) 70 374 0626  (direct)
> > fax (+31) 70 374 0654
> >-- End of excerpt from VEEFKIND J.P. 254/1J10/4-3

J. Pepijn Veefkind
TNO-FEL
tel (+31) 70 374 0000  (operator)
tel (+31) 70 374 0626  (direct)