Re: reading past header records

Curt,

When reading these files with set data/EZ (or the "file" alias for that
command) you can use the /skip option to skip N records.  From the users guide:

SET DATA/EZ/ SKIP=n
Specifies the number of records to skip at the start of an EZ data set before
beginning to read the data. By default, no records are skipped.

For ASCII files a "record" refers to a single line in the file (i.e., a newline
character). If the FORMAT statement contains slash characters the "data record"
may be multiple lines; the /SKIP qualifier is independent of this fact.

For FORTRAN-structured binary files the /SKIP argument refers to the number of
binary records to be skipped.

For unstructured (stream) binary files (e.g., output of a C program) the /SKIP
argument refers to the number of words (4-byte quantities) to skip before
reading begins.

	Jerry Davison

--
davison@pmel.noaa.gov