colouring

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to shade the different biomes which exist over the Earth. 17
different types have been defined and they are named 1 through 17. I
have created a .spk file for the different colours I want each biome,
1 to 17 to be.

However, if a particular region only has, say 5 different biomes between
the numbers 1 and 15, when I shade it I will get the wrong coloured
shading because ferret doesn't realise that I want it to use the first 15
colours defined in my .spk file. Instead it leaves out two colours,
numbers 4 and 11 (I think), and the key doesn't recognise that there is
17 different colours either, because the limits for this particular
region are between 1 and 15.

I have tried forcing ferret to use all 17 colours appropriately by using
/levels but to no avail.

I anticipate more problems like this as some regions may only contain
biomes numbered between 5 and 8 say.

Does anyone know how to force ferret to use the right colours I have
defined for each biome number and how to make the key show all 17 colours
regardless of the numbered biome limits for a particular region?

Thanks,
Sinead