Problem in creating new 3-dimensional variables.

Dear Sirs!
I have a certain problem in creating a new 3-dimensional variable
basing on the grid of a Spem ocean model. In a 3-dimensional data set
is "dz" the layer thickness (Coordinates: i=longitude, j=latitude,
k=1:11 layer index). Because the grid follows the bottom topography, the
water is everywhere divided into 11 layers. The layer with k=1 is the
bottom layer, with k=11 is the layer next to the surface. For example,
dz[k=1:11@sum] is the total water depth.
The question is: How can I create a 3-dimensional variable, containing
at each i-j-grid point for k=1 the total water depth, for k=2 the
summed thickness of the layers with the indices k=2:11, for k=3 the
summed thickness of the layers with the indices k=3:11, ..., and for
k=11 the thickness of the surface layer with index k=11?
I hope you can help me.
Thank you very much,
Andreas Macrander, c/o Institut fuer Meereskunde, Kiel.