Re: removing labels

Curt,

A combination of things here can help you. To remove the unwanted labels use
the GO unlabel n command. This is documented on page 96 of the v4.4 manual. To
remove the ferret signature you would use:
    yes? GO unlabel 1
    yes? GO unlabel 2
    yes? GO unlabel 3
Use the ppl command list,labels to see which labels are which and then use the
unlabel command to remove the ones you don't want. As to the second shade
command, simply use the /nolab qualifier.

So, your series of ferret commands would now resemble something like:

set variable/bad=-999 aotm14
shade/set/levels=(-35,75,5)/title="NOAA-14 Aerosol Optical Thickness Anomaly
7/91" aotm14
GO unlabel 1
GO unlabel 2
GO unlabel 3
GO unlabel 5
ppl shade
shade/over/nolab/pal=black/levels=(-36,-35) missing(aotm14,-36)
go land 0

Mark

--
 Mark Verschell                     NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
 verschell@neptune.gsfc.nasa.gov    Code 970/Lab. for Hydrospheric Proc.