Re: 16 bit display

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, VEEFKIND J.P. 254/1J10/4-3 wrote:

> Dear ferret users,
>
> I run ferret remote on a sun, using my PC as an X-terminal. When my
> monitor is set to 16 bit (ie 65536 colors) all the colors that ferret
> uses become blue, probably because ferret thinks that I'm using 256
> colors. Thus anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Regards
>
> Pepijn

I ran into the same problem, with exactly the same specifications (running
ferret on a sun, using my PC-Windows 95 with an X emulator, Xwin32). I
don't remember if the colors were blue, I think my problem was worse, that
ferret would crash whenever I started opened a graphics window. I had to
switch to 256 colors.

Emilio

University of Washington
School of Oceanography			emiliom@u.washington.edu
Box 357940				ph. (206) 543-5334
Seattle, WA  98195-7940	  USA		FAX (206) 685-3351
http://boto.ocean.washington.edu/staff_pages/emilio