Re: Problem with Fpalette '*'

> If you have installed Ferret and sourced the "ferret_paths" file, when
> you enter
>
>   Fpalette '*'
>
> from the UNIX shell prompt (not within Ferret), you should get a
> listing of the available palettes.  If this doesn't work for you, can
> you please cut and paste the response you get on your system, and
> email it to me?  That will help in figuring out and solving the
> problem.

I am the one who installed ferret at Ye's site and all the ferret
programs are called here with a single shell script that ends like
this:

exec $FER_DIR/bin/`basename $0` $*

I just tried to change this line to

exec $FER_DIR/bin/`basename $0` "$*"

and this solved the problem with Fpalette, but the solution is worse
than the problem since ferret can no longer be run.

Ye, I guess the best solution for the time being is to copy this script
(/usr/local/bin/Fpalette) to your account, add the double quotes like
above and access it through an alias, for example:

alias Fpalette ~/bin/Fpalette

I will try to find a better solution when I come back to work next
week.

Michel, just checking his email...

--
Michel Beland                 beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
professionnel de recherche    tel: (514)369-5223  fax: (514)369-3880