Re: colouring land

You can color the whole field with a "land" color, then shade or fill
over it with your data:

let land=x[g=sst]+y[g=sst]
palette brown
shade/nokey land
palette default					! or whatever you like
fill/over/lev=(1,30,1,-1)dark(5,30,5)/key sst	! set contour levels

It may be useful to define -100 as a blank value first:

set variable/bad=-100 sst

See section 26.10, set variable. Applies to variables read in
using file or use. This will leave the land blank.

Another way to do this is to explicitly make a variable that has a value
only where there is no sst:

let land2 = if sst then (-1.e34) else 1
shade land

Billy K