Re: Changing directories

On Jun 11, 11:54am, David Oxilia wrote:
> I have a basic ferret question: How do I change directories from within
> a ferret session in order to load different data sets? I understand that
> I could let ferret know where to look for data through the FER_DATA env
> variable but is there a quick 'cd' type command?

No David, there isn't. What you do is enclose the filename in double quotes.
For example, if I am in directory foo/bar/today, and I want a file in
foo/bar/yesterday I would issue the following command (or an equivalent):

yes? use "../yesterday/newfile"

You are right that if there are subdirectories that you get files from often
you should include them in your FER_DATA path.

	Mark

	      Dr. Mark Verschell (verschell@coaps.fsu.edu)
	      Center for Ocean and Atmospheric Prediction Studies
	      Florida State University
              2035 E. Paul Dirac Drive
              R.M. Johnson Bldg. - Suite 200
	      Tallahassee, FL  32306-3041
	      (904) 644-6935              (904) 644-4841 (fax)