Re: Extracting data along transects

 *** Sampling a regular rectangular grid along alternative paths ***

Hi Bob,

The script

	yes? GO vertical_section

will sample a model output to match a cruise.

As-is the script uses regularly spaced points along a straight line cruise
path, but if you examine (and modify) the internals of the script the same
procedure can be used to sample your model at arbitrary cruise stations. Just
replace the variables "x_vsect" and "y_vsect" with the actual long,lat
positions of your cruise stations.

	- steve

--

		|  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin	|  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744