climatologies

I have some strange and inconsistent behavior when following the Ferret
FAQ and Manual to create a climatology variable. Maybe from the
description of the error, someone can give me a hint as to where to look?

I create a climatology variable, EET_MEANYR, out of a 7-year (1983-89)
monthly data set, EET:

let EET_MEANYR = EET[gt=MONTH_REG@MOD]
(the climatological axis MONTH_REG is from climatological_axes.cdf)

EET_MEANYR can then be plotted as a time series, and all 12 months show
up. It can be displayed using SHADE in the XT or YT planes, and
everything's fine.

BUT in the XY plane SHADE works with all months, EXCEPT DECEMBER! When I
try dec, eg, SHADE/T=15-dec EET_MEANYR, I get an error message:
 **ERROR: all data have same value: data are all flagged as bad

Also, when I use STATISTICS to examine the values, when done on ALL
points, no bad data is detected; but when done on december only (L=12 or
T=15-dec), ALL POINTS APPEAR TO BE BAD!

Any clues? I appreciate your help.

Emilio Mayorga
University of Washington
School of Oceanography			emiliom@u.washington.edu
Box 357940				ph. (206) 543-5334
Seattle, WA  98195-7940	  USA		FAX (206) 685-3351
http://boto.ocean.washington.edu/staff_pages/emilio/