Re: DEFINE REGION LIMITS

Mark,

I think using "define symbol" may be appropriate. I have tested the
following, and it works with a netcdf file/variable of mine.  You can
define each region as a string that will be substituted in the plot
command, as follows:

DEFINE SYMBOL POHNPEI = x=158.00E/y=06.875N

Then,

PLOT/($POHNPEI) SST

ought to do the trick. I'd be surprised if there were a limitation on the
number of symbols you can define, but I don't know.

Good luck,

Emilio Mayorga

University of Washington
School of Oceanography			emiliom@u.washington.edu
Box 357940				ph. (206) 543-5334
Seattle, WA  98195-7940	  USA		FAX (206) 685-3351
http://boto.ocean.washington.edu/staff_pages/emilio