Re: NOAA Logo

On Apr 1, 10:35am, Mahally Kudsy wrote:
> Subject: NOAA Logo
>
> Hallo,
> I have been using using Ferrets for about three months and happy with it
> . I know that the NOAA logo appears at the upper right corner because
> I use a free software. I do not know the people to contact to get
> a licenced one. Please inform me if any one of you knows about this
>
> Cheers,
> Mahally
>-- End of excerpt from Mahally Kudsy

Mahally,

Ferret requires no official licensing at this point.

"How do I remove the Ferret label?" is one of our Frequently Asked
Questions and is answered in our on-line FAQ page:

http://tmap.pmel.noaa.gov/ferret/FAQ/custom_plots/remove_the_logo.html

The substance of that page follows:

Happy Ferreting!

-- Jon

Explanation:

Each time you make a plot, Ferret annotates it in the upper right corner with
the plot date, and the
version of Ferret making the plot. This information can be useful, but you may
wish to remove it,
for publication quality plots, for example.

Solution:

The collection of annotations is made up of three plotplus movable labels,
always labels 1, 2 and 3.
These labels may be removed using the "unlabel.jnl" script after setting up
your plot. For example:

   ! Set up your plot
   PLOT/SET_UP/I=1:100 SIN(I/6)

   ! Remove label 1, the FERRET version number
   GO unlabel 1
   ! Remove label 2, the NOAA/PMEL/TMAP citation
   GO unlabel 2
   ! Remove label 3, the date stamp
   GO unlabel 3

   ! Make the plot
   PPL PLOT

You can remove just one or two of the logo labels by omitting the "GO unlabel"
command for
specific labels. You can also use the script "remove_logo.jnl" to remove the
entire logo with one
command:

   PLOT/SET_UP/I=1:100 SIN(I/6)
   GO remove_logo
   PPL PLOT

                   |  NOAA/PMEL               | ph. (206) 526-6801
Jonathan Callahan  |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  | FAX (206) 526-6744