large number of variable

Hi,

I use FERRET Version 4.4, and I would like to read an ASCII file which
contains 22 variables, stored in a single column each
Example:
(Col_1   Col_2  ...  Col_22)

  1      oui          120
  2      oui          119
  .       .            .
  .       .            .
  .       .            .
  5      non           130

I tried to read this file with the command:
FILE/VAR="VAR_NAME1,VAR_NAME2,...?VAR_NAME22" ascii_filename
But when I tried the command:LIST VAR_NAME1 I have this answer:
 **TMAP ERR: unknown error number
             Last or next-to-last record read:
 Value1 value2 value3 value4 ... value11 val
             Data set: ./ascii_filename
             Data file: ./ascii_filename
where valueN are the value of the first line of my file.

My question is:
Is there a max number of variable that I can use with ferret or if not
How can I do to read my file ?

Thanks

Best Regards , Vincent