Re: linux ?

On Dec 16,  9:52am, shankar@csnio.ren.nic.in wrote:
> Subject: linux ?
> Has FERRET been ported to Linux?
> Regards, Shankar.
> shankar@csnio.ren.nic.in
>
>-- End of excerpt from shankar@csnio.ren.nic.in

Hi Linux users,

We are right now in the midst of porting Ferret to Linux. We will send an
announcement out to the ferret_users list when the Linux version is ready. If
you are interested in being a BETA user of Ferret on Linux please send email to
ferret@pmel.noaa.gov to let us know.

We are porting Ferret to Linux as a service to our users. This is largely
unfunded work and we are novice Linux users ourselves. So if you have
experience with Linux -- especially with support of important libraries such as
NetCDF, HDF, XGKS, Motif  or with use of NAG FORTRAN 90 -- and you're willing
to share your expertise with us as we continue with the port, please do let us
know.

	thanks - steve

--

		|  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin	|  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744
		|  Seattle, WA 98115-0070  |  hankin@pmel.noaa.gov

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP