Re: backing store and generating metacode without plotting window

> Is it possible to turn on "backing store" with ferret, so that the
> drawing window does not need to be refreshed everytime the window
> is moved or uncovered, and will allow it to be iconised?
> Is it possible to create metacode output without drawing to an
> X window? I assume the rendering process can be time consuming but
> suspect that a dump is made of the window to create a bitmap.

Write "set mode refresh" in your $HOME/.ferret file.  It will be
executed each time ferret is run.

--
Michel Beland                 beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
professionnel de recherche    tel: (514)369-5223  fax: (514)369-3880

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP