Plotting coasts

I've been trying to overlay a map on a plot.  The map consists of over
500 segments.  Using the command: "PLOT/LINE/VS/OVERLAY lon,lat" I can
plot one segment inputed using 'FILE/VAR="lon,lat" seg.n' where seg.n
contains the lons and lats.  Is there a way to tell PLOT to "lift up the
pen" at the end of a segment (i.e., at some lon,lat pair like 0,0) so
that I can read all the segments in together?  The only other way that I
can think of is to set up the >500 files--one for each segment--and
input & plot each one in a GO script.  This seems incredibly
inefficient.  Thanks for any suggestions.
D.S. Dunbar (dsd@oar.com)  Ocean Applied Research Ltd.
1864 Duchess Ave.  West Vancouver BC  V7V 1R1  CANADA

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP