Contours on a Gaussian grid

Hello,

I am trying to do a contour or shade plot of data that is on a Gaussian
grid.  This grid has the latitude circles that are not exactly equally
spaced.  How can I specify to ferret each latitude on the grid ?  I see
two methods to accomplish this, although I do not know if ferret is made
to do them:

1- contour the data as if it was regularly spaced but draw the axis tics
and labels unequally spaced;

2- stretch the plot so that I can have a regular latitude axis, maybe by
regridding.

Any help appreciated.

--
Michel Beland                 beland@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
professionnel de recherche    tel: (514)369-5223  fax: (514)369-3880

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP