Re: Contouring "strangely" gridded data

Thanks Billy,

	Thanks for the very thorough response. I have only given the code a
cursory glance, but it looks good. 1 question, though. Will this put values in
the regular grid outside of the overlaping region? E.g.:

               +----------------------------+
               |             /\             |
               |            /  \            |
               |    X      /    \      X    |
               |          /      \          |
               |         /        \         |
               |        /          \        |
               |       /            \       |
               |      /              \      |
               |     /                \     |
               |    /                  \    |
               |   /                    \   |
               |  /                      \  |
               |  \                      /  |
               |   \                    /   |
               |    \                  /    |
               |     \                /     |
               |      \              /      |
               |       \            /       |
               |        \          /        |
               |         \        /         |
               |    X     \      /     X    |
               |           \    /           |
               |            \  /            |
               |             \/             |
               +----------------------------+

If the original grid area is shown by the diamond, and the new regular grid
area is shown by the rectangle, what values will your routine put in the areas
marked by "X".

I need those areas to be filled with some special value. I.e., I need to make
sure that the data from my original grid area isn't stretched out into a larger
area during the regridding.

Thanks again, Mark

	      Mark Verschell (verschell@coaps.fsu.edu)
	      Center for Ocean and Atmospheric Prediction Studies
	      Florida State University
              2035 E. Paul Dirac Drive
              R.M. Johnson Bldg. - Suite 200
	      Tallahassee, FL  32310
	      (904) 644-6532              (904) 644-4841 (fax)

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP