Clarification on Contouring "strangely" gridded data

On Jun 19,  1:23pm, Ed Harrison wrote:
> Subject: Re: Contouring "strangely" gridded data
> Hi Mark
>
> My experience with trying to contour these sorts of data sets is 'watch out'!
> Most contouring routines seem to do a poor job on sparse grids, and there is
> damn little to be done about it.  I find I rely on SHADE type 'contouring'
> tools whenever I work with sparse grids.
>
> best.  ed
>-- End of excerpt from Ed Harrison

Actually, the data are on a very fine grid (this is not my problem so the
numbers that follow are approximate). The data are from a Yellow Sea model,
region is 153 points by 157 points, with resolution that varies from 25km*25km
to 8km*8km, average is about 9km*9km.

Thanks again, Mark

	      Mark Verschell (verschell@coaps.fsu.edu)
	      Center for Ocean and Atmospheric Prediction Studies
	      Florida State University
              2035 E. Paul Dirac Drive
              R.M. Johnson Bldg. - Suite 200
	      Tallahassee, FL  32310
	      (904) 644-6532              (904) 644-4841 (fax)

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP