Genuine batch mode?

Is there a way to run Ferret in genuine batch mode?

For example, suppose I have a large number of time samples scattered across a
large number of files and I'd like to consolidate one variable across all of
the samples. Rather than running a bunch of GO scripts (which I have found to
cause Ferret to quit when it reaches its 300 variable limit) or one long one
(same thing) it would be nice to do something like "ferret -go scriptname" for
each script, thus doing the whole thing without intervention on my part.

I looked over the docs, and didn't see anything that said ferret could do this.

Thanks.
--
Gary Strand
strandwg@ncar.ucar.edu                         http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/gary

Dept of Commerce / NOAA / OAR / ERL / PMEL / TMAP