[ferret_users] seconds in date-time

Dear Ferreters,

I was wondering how the seconds are handled in the date-time specification?

In the example below, I get from LIST

TIME     : 04-AUG-2015 03:06 to 18-AUG-2015 00:26

as the averaging period whereas I specify "2015-08-04T03:06:40":"2015-08-18T00:26:40"@AVE .  Is this just a display issue? Or are the seconds actually ignored?

It's not that the seconds matter in my particular calculation at hand. I'd just like to know.

I'm working with colleagues who just use seconds for their time axis and when I mechanically converted their time range to a date-time range, I got these date-times.

Regards,

Ryo
-----
set data tmp.nc ! !<-- I can send this small file on request.

let t1 = "2015-08-04T03:06:40"
let t2 = "2015-08-18T00:26:40"

let slpmean = slp[t="`t1`":"`t2`"@AVE]
list slpmean