[ferret_users] macOS font names

Hi Mac PyFerret users,

It seems that the font name specification has changed:

$ pyferret
  NOAA/PMEL TMAP
  PyFerret v7.63 (optimized)
  Darwin 19.6.0 - 12/10/21
  3-May-23 16:46

yes? set data coads_climatology
yes? set text/font="Lucida Grande" ! new way
yes? shade/L=1 SST
yes? set text/font=LucidaGrande ! old way
yes? shade/L=1 SST
qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 145 ms. Replace uses of missing font family "LucidaGrande" with one that exists to avoid this cost.
yes?

The actual name of the font includes the space. You can explore the system fonts using the Font Book app.  I don't know whether the "new way" above worked or not before the change. I use macOS 13.3.1 .

The change may be in macOS or in Qt. On the Internet, there are a lot of questions regarding Qt not being able to find system fonts on Mac and it seems that the behavior of Qt has been constantly changing.

Hope this helps.

Ryo