Re: [ferret_users] running ferret.jnl script in python

Dear Ryo,
os.system("pyferret -script ferret.jnl") happened to work.

I'm sure there are ways to directly call Ferret's functionalities from within python without going through a ferret script (ferret.jnl).

Yeah, certainly there are. I was curious whether it's doable or not, because the terminal can be accessed through python and hence any code that runs on the terminal, could be executed from python itself.
There seemed to be an issue as I had installed pyferret using conda environment.
It's good to know that it's possible.

regards,
Ranjan