Re: [ferret_users] irregular font sizes for legend

Hi Billy and Ansley,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 8:56 AM William Kessler - NOAA Federal <william.s.kessler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use my own handmade legend scripts so I don't experience these errors, but if they are PPLUS moveable labels you should be able to set them with:

PLOT ...
PPL LABSET,,,,label_height   ! arguments are main_label_height, x_label_height, y_label_height, moveable_label_height
go legend ...

Thank you both for your help.

This has helped me find a workaround:

    ppl HLABS,1,0.12
    go legend 1 "y=0"

I tried "ppl LABSET", but it didn't work.  I even copied the "legend" script, renamed it, and modified it to sandwich each "ppl labs/nouser" command with "ppl labset", like so:

  ppl labset,,,,0.12
  ppl labs/nouser $1,`($PPL$XLEN)-0.6`,`($PPL$YLEN)-0.05-0.2*$1`,1,"$2"
  ppl labset,,,,0.12

Even this didn't change the font size.

So, my workaround now is to add this line

  ppl HLABS,$1,0.12

to the "legend" script.  (To make it more general, you would introduce a fourth argument to the script and use "$4" for the font size.)

Cheers,

Ryo