Re: [ferret_users] Strange dots from VECTOR command

Hi Serena and Ansley,

Thank you for your help!  You solved the mystery.

when the length of the vector is too small, ferret and pyferret plot a dot symbol, but pyferret 7.63 keeps the size that you have defined previously with the command: plot/vs/symbol/thick=3/size=0.5/ . . . . .

That was it.  So, following your suggestion, I'll use this workaround

set data tmp.nc
let speed = (u_anom^2 + v_anom^2)^0.5
let uu = if speed gt 0.2 then u_anom
let vv = if speed gt 0.2 then v_anom

shade/nokey 0*u_anom ! dummy
plot/vs/symbol/thick=3/size=1/color=red/nolabel/ov\
  {143.58333333333333333333}, {38.25}
!vector/aspect/ov u_anom, v_anom ! -> big dots!
vector/aspect/ov uu, vv ! -> Good
frame/file=tmp.png

(By the way, I've fixed my bug: My previous code plotted the red marker outside the plotting region.)

Best regards,

Ryo