Re: [ferret_users] Polar stereographic map

Hi Grainne,

Here's an example that shows the kind of slice that I think you're seeing.

use etopo60
set region/y=45:90
go mp_stereographic_north
set grid rose
go mp_aspect
shade/noax/nolab/pal=land_sea/lev=c rose, x_page, y_page
go mp_land
go mp_graticule
frame/file=mp_stereographic_wedge.png

This happens because the color fill of the SHADE plot is starting with the first grid point and ending at the last grid point, but the lower half of the first grid cell and the upper half of the last grid cell are not filled in.

To work around this, set a region in X that's at least a grid-cell larger than the 360-degree range of the grid.  For this dataset, the grid cell size is 1 degree, so try,

use etopo60
set region/y=45:90/x=-1:361

go mp_stereographic_north
set grid rose
go mp_aspect
shade/noax/nolab/pal=land_sea/lev=c rose, x_page, y_page
go mp_land
go mp_graticule

frame/file=mp_stereographic_no_wedge.png

-Ansley