Re: [ferret_users] pyferret package not found ?

Dear all,

Thanks for the help.

My understanding is that when one installs Miniconda for arm through the dedicated installers, then tries the classic pyferret install (conda create -n FERRET -c conda-forge pyferret ferret_datasets --yes), conda will look for pyferret in arm64 repositories, where pyferret is not present.

For example :

Here the x64 repo : https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/osx-64/ pyferret is present.

Here the arm repo : https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/osx-arm64/ pyferret is absent.

I don't have a workaround to tell conda to look for pyferret in the right repo.

@Ryo thank you i'll try the homebrew method and see where it goes.

Pierre