[ferret_users] misrepresentation of daily anomalies from the old version of FERRET v7.5

Dear Ferreters,
G'day

I am reporting a issue with the ferret version v7.5 (downloaded from conda create -n FER -c conda-forge/label/cf202003 pyferret ferret_datasets --yes) as compared to v7.64 (downloaded from conda create -n FERRET -c conda-forge pyferret ferret_datasets --yes).

I was not sure for the daily anomalies computed from the ferret so I tried python xarray to compute the daily anomalies. In daily anomalies, I found that if I opened the dataset in pyferret v7.5 then there were be no 29-Feb (leap years) in the dataset that I used however when I opened the same datasets with the latest pyferret version v7.64 it showed all the missing leap years dates (e.g. 29-Feb-2020).

I can not understand how and why one version did not show the leap years dates but the other version did. So, from this exercise one should be cautious and check the anomalies after loading the data to the pyferret before performing further analysis.

Cheers, Saurabh

--

REGARDS

Saurabh Rathore
Research Scholar (PhD.)
Centre For Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere & Land Science Technology
Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
contact :- 91- 8345984434