[ferret_users] PyFerret crash when opening windows (Mac OS 10.16)

Hi all -

I'm upgrading PyFerret on an office Mac that has been locked down for the past two years, then upgraded to Mac OS 10.16 (Big Sur).

Old Ferret (v6.94) works fine, including window opening/plotting/FRAME.

PyFerret7.5 works to bring in cdf files, do calculations, etc ... until a window is opened. Then it crashes immediately with the error:

> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.

That's a python error. But google only finds fixes applicable to writing, not using, python code.

Any suggestions? Note that this problem did not occur in earlier versions of Mac OS (Mojave, 10.14).

Thanks!

Billy