Re: [ferret_users] Pyferret installation error

This is from Saurabh, and it works

Dear Ferreters
G'day

So there is a way out of this problem but it is not the fix to the current version of pyferret installation with ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Here is the fix if you want to use the latest pyferret (7.64 version)

(1) go to the anaconda link https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/pyferret
(2) you can now see there is one command to install old version under cf202003
(3) so create a new ferret environment (I created FER but it can be a name of your choice) by...
conda create -n FER -c conda-forge/label/cf202003 pyferret ferret_datasets --yes
So, this will be version 7.5 and now you can test the plotting
use coads_climatology
fill sst[l=1]
(4) after doing that you can now install the latest version of ferret (if you need the latest capacity of ferret updates of version 7.6) using the following command.
conda create -n FERRET -c conda-forge pyferret ferret_datasets --yes

The purpose of doing this is now we have two pyferret environments. So in the latest pyferret (v7.6 FERRET) you can compute and by using version 7.5 FER you can plot your results. I hope this issue will be resolved in the upcoming release till then happy ferreting.

Cheers, Saurabh