Re: [ferret_users] netcdf error code 57

Saurabh,

 I am writing this email regarding a problem that I am running into as shown below

**netCDF error
             NetCDF: Start+count exceeds dimension bound (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -57)

Is it possible that the netCDF file is corrupted?  My best guess is that there are more gridpoints in the dimension variable than there are in the variable (array).  For example, say, your longitude grid has 100 points but your temperature field has only 50 points in the longitudinal direction . . .

The error message you quote above is from the netCDF library, which occurs when you try to access the index of a variable beyond the maximum.  But, what I don't know is, what makes Ferret do so.

It's not easy for me to test it because the main tools I use to create netCDF files (Ferret and Julia) avoid such inconsistencies in the first place.

Cheers,

Ryo