[ferret_users] User-defined var with wrong axis

Dear …

I have a script where I define a variable, say, let a1={13,18,20,22}

(In reality is a bit longer)

When I save a1 in an ncfile it automatically makes this 1-dim variable dependent on x (i).

I want the 1-dim file however to be dependent on time (l).

I have played around with various commands like define grid, define axis and making a new variable with the  new axis or grid associated to it, otherwise the same as a1, but I never get the numbers along the time axis, the variable always remains as var(x).

I also can’t find anywhere in the userguide how to do this, I can’t say something like File/Format as one does with reading an ascii file.

What do I have to do to change a1 in a var(t) so that when doing show data afterwards it says dimension i,j,k undefined, dimension l=4?

Sybren