Re: [ferret_users] pyferret crashes after conda installation

Dear Ryo,

thank you for these hints.
In essence, the pages conclude that in case of "ABI version conflict" there is no simple solution ...

However, in the meantime I am one step further:
First, I figured out that the conda environment obviously conflicts with spack installed software modules,
in short, despite "conda activate FERRET" the shell environment contained other software, among those
an incompatible PYTHONPATH. After "module purge" I am know able to start pyferret, and the simple

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? shade sst[l=1]

succeeds (I see the plot), but I get these error messages:

libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Is there a solution to this problem?

Yours,

Patrick

Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere | Muenchner Strasse 20 | Oberpfaffenhofen | 82234 Wessling | Germany

Patrick Joeckel
Telefon +49 8153 28-2565 | Telefax +49 8153 28-1841 | patrick.joeckel@xxxxxx
www.dlr.de/ipa | www.pa.op.dlr.de/~PatrickJoeckel