Re: [ferret_users] Decimal digits on a plot axis

Thanks a lot!

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 8:16 PM William Kessler <william.s.kessler@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is controlled by PPL XFOR and YFOR:

In each plot panel:

PLOT/SET ....
PPL XFOR,(f5.2); PPL YFOR,(...)   ! fortran-style formats
PPL PLOT

You can also control lat/lon labels this way (for example to force these if the data is not on a lat-lon grid but it should be):

PPL YFOR,(i5,''lat'')   ! force integer labels
PPL YFOR,(f5.1,''lon'')   ! single decimal label; I think you must allow for 5 digits

In the above, those are two single quotes around lat and lon, not a double quote as my mail tool thinks I want!

Using the two-single-quote method you can add other things, for example ''#C'' etc. Search the documentation for XFOR and YFOR.

Billy