[ferret_users] "set win/aspect=1" and "set mode linecolors"---Strange interaction

Dear Ferreters,

I've found a strange interaction between "set win/aspect=1" and "set mode linecolors".  When both are present, the image produced with

pyferret -nodisplay -script example.jnl

is truncated on the right side!

If you swap the order of "set win" and "linecolors", the image is fine; or if you comment out one of them, the image is fine, too.

My motivation is like this: I set window/aspect=1 in my ~/.ferret file to avoid the little bug we discussed on this mailing list some time ago.  In my ~/.ferret, I also do

set mode linecolors:9
ppl color,2,  . . .
. . .

to use a color-blind–friendly set of colors for line graphs.

These two settings somehow interfere with something to produce the truncated image.  A workaround seems to be to switch the order between the two settings.

I use PyFerret v7.63 on macOS 11.4 (Big Sur).

! --- example.jnl: The PNG file is truncated!
!set window 1 ! <-- fine
set window/aspect=1
set mode linecolors:9

set data coads_climatology
shade/vlimits=-38:-5:2/hlimits=108:136:2/nolabel SST[l=1]
define symbol imgfile tmp.png
SPAWN rm ($imgfile)
frame/file=($imgfile)