[ferret_users] /order does not seem to work for e axis

I have a NetCDF file which when read in by ferret puts the data on the x,e axes.  I’d rather have it on the z,e axes.  When I issue these commands, ferret first gives an error message.  If try to open the file again without /order specified, ferret freezes and will not recover:

yes? use/feature=none/order=ze PSEA1001_profile_data_dd90_1ace_1e62.ncCFMA
*** NOTE: Axis PROFILE marked as EE
*** NOTE: but it has different directions in grids.
**ERROR: inconsistent data grids: File needs axis attributes on coordinate variables indicating correct directions
yes? use/feature=none PSEA1001_profile_data_dd90_1ace_1e62.ncCFMA

Edward (Ned) D. Cokelet, Ph.D. Oceanographer
NOAA/PMEL off:  206-526-6820
7600 Sand Point Way NE fax: 206-526-6485
Seattle, WA 98115-6349

edward.d.cokelet@xxxxxxxx

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect any position of the Government or the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.