Re: [ferret_users] ferret and ERDDAP

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your question.

The short answer is, no. ERDDAP and Ferret/PyFerret are two independent pieces of software.

Within our group, we use the ERDDAP data platform as a source of in situ data, both for Pyferret and the Live Access Server (not to mention Jupyter notebooks, web dashboards, etc).  ERDDAP is an excellent tool for serving data, which is why you see it running under our “ferret” domain.  You can, therefore, use ERDDAP as a data source from within PyFerret just as you would any other data source.

If you are looking for a method to interact with ERDDAP within a script, there is a Python interface for that purpose as well.

Regards,

Joshua