Re: [ferret_users] viewport [parallelogram/rhombus]

Hi Pratik,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 11:07 AM Pratik Kad <pratikkad17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm looking for a tapered plot in the ferret. I think it's either related to map projection or viewport

Is this (↓)  the information you're looking for?

https://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/static/Demos/mp_demo/mp_demo.html

How can I define the viewport as a parallelogram/rhombus? By default, the viewport is rectangular. We can just modify viewport by setting limits (which simply alter rectangle to square).

I don't think that warping the viewport is what you are looking for.  The non-rectangular plot is embedded in the rectangular viewport.

Hope this helps.

Ryo