[ferret_users] empty plot without error

Dear Ferret users and developer team,

I've come across a very strange phenomenon:

yes? set data track-rot_sft.nc
yes?  plot/vs xs_rot_sft, ys_rot_sft

results in an empty window.  No axes and no letterings.  Just perfectly white. There are absolutely no error messages. [Is this because all the x values are (almost) the same? so that Ferret has failed to determine the range of the horizontal axis?]

Either variable can be listed and plotted:

yes? list xs_rot_sft
yes? plot xs_rot_sft

Only "plot/vs" fails to work.

This problem occurs on three different machines (Linux, Linux, macOS) with these versions of pyferret:

  PyFerret v7.5 (optimized)
  Linux 4.15.0-1061-azure - 11/14/19

  PyFerret v7.6 (optimized)
  Linux 4.15.0-1089-azure - 06/25/20

  PyFerret v7.6 (optimized)
  Darwin 18.7.0 - 06/25/20

I take the liberty of attaching the netCDF file that contains these two 1D variables.

Ryo