Re: [ferret_users] ASSISTANCE

Hi Aliyu,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 1:08 AM Aliyu Abubakar <abubakarsadeeq1404@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

I am trying to write a script to map out areas that have the following climate conditions within this coordinate (x =2:15, y=4:14).

I waited for one day to see if there is a person on this mailing list who has experience in the datasets you are using and can help you straight away.

For other people to be able to answer your question, you need to turn your question into a form that can be understood by people

1) who know nothing about your specific problem and don't want to know anything about it, and

2) who know a lot about Ferret.

For example,

Bad question:   How can I calculate surface wind stress?

Good question:  I have variable "cp" in coeff.nc and "v" in winds.nc.  How to calculate cp*(v^2) ?

Answer:
use coeff.nc
use winds.nc
let a = cp[d=1] * v[d=2] * v[d=2]

You can see that to answer the "Good question", you don't have to know anything about wind stress, because it's purely about Ferret.

Ryo