Re: [ferret_users] reg:error reading iQuam SST data in ferret software

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:06 PM Swapna M <swapna.geophysics@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
NetCDF: Not a valid data type or _FillValue type mismatch (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -45)
 is this a CDF file ?

The type of _FillValue must be the same as the type of the variable and it seems that the above error message is saying that the types don't agree.  By "type", I mean "float", "double", "int", etc.

Basically, your netCDF file includes this error.  You can check this by

ncdump -h your_netcdf_file.nc

on your command line.

Although I don't have the experience, I guess you can fix the netCDF file using the NCO suite.  Probably you can change the type and value of the attribute _FillValue, or delete the attribute first and add the correct type-value combination, or just delete the attribute and set it within Ferret.

Regards,
Ryo