Re: [ferret_users] Installing ferret on WSL Linux

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 4:32 PM USHNANSHU DUTTA <ushnanshudutta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After completing all the steps regarding installation of ferret. when I launch the same in the WSL window getting the following error

ferret: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I know generally what this means but I don't know what the "proper" solution is to you.

Probably the easiest potential solution is to install libcurl version 4 using the official package manager of your Linux system.  Even if it fails, it is at least harmless.

Ryo