Re: [ferret_users] PyFerret build failing on Mac 10.15 (Catalina) and MacPorts | Plus some MacPort/PyFerret hints

Hi Paul,

The best way to build PyFerret is with the Miniconda installer, and folks also seem to use Homebrew successfully.  On the Releases page, scroll down a bit for the details, which I'l copy here.

Mac OS X:

 install PyFerret using Anaconda is quite easy. See the Anaconda Installation - Linux, OS X, and Windows 10/bash section about half way through https://github.com/NOAA-PMEL/PyFerret/blob/master/README.md

Alternatively, building PyFerret from the source code using Homebrew packages is also fairly simple.
See https://github.com/NOAA-PMEL/PyFerret/blob/master/README_pyferret_mac_homebrew.md for more information.

It appears the problem with PyFerret displayed windows when using High Sierra has been fixed although some warning messages may appear when they are first displayed. Note these fixes are not in the PyFerret code, but rather either in updates to libraries used by PyFerret or in the operating systems.