Re: [ferret_users] Labels too close to the colorbar

Dear PyFerret users and Ferret Team,

Thank you for version 7.6 !

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM Ryo Furue <furue@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 11:05 AM saurabh rathore <rohitsrb2020@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have checked on my machine (Ubuntu/Linux) that the courier font is having problems in the vertical color bar. It overlaps with the color bar but the Aerial font is good to go like Helvetica. Is it a bug?

I've just found that it's been reported:

As described in its release notes, PyFerret 7.6 has fixed it:

$ pyferret
  NOAA/PMEL TMAP
  PyFerret v7.6 (optimized)
  Darwin 18.7.0 - 06/25/20
  27-Jun-20 11:45

yes? set data levitus_climatology
yes? set text/font=Courier/isiz=4
yes? fill/k=1 temp

I'll put this font setting in my ~/.ferret and be done with font-related problems.
( Because the default font plots corrupt latitude labels https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2019/msg00673.html  .)

macOS 10.15.5 .

Ryo