[ferret_users] Adding a time-axis

Ferret community,
                               My main question is how to add a time-axis to a file without one. Regridding the file on a grid with a single time point does not seem to work.

Original variable:
image.png

This is my grid:
image.png
Let PascalVAPOUR = VarMonth[g=fullVAPOUR, gt=@ASN]

And here is my regridded variable.
image.png
(Ignore my pascal labeling, I first experimented with changing those units then abandoned that without switching the labels)

Here is some background as to what I am actually trying to do:
                               I have a netcdf file that is the result of a correlation analysis that I am trying to view in VAPOUR (a 3D display software). Currently, I have taken the correlation results I have calculated for each pressure level and appended them into a file with a vertical axis. However because the results are a correlation of two time series, the file does not have a T axis as is appropriate. However, when I place my completed file into VAPOUR, VAPOUR does not read it.
                             It seems to me that not having a time axis might be part of the problem. (See netcdf & cf conventions on the VAPOUR page).

                            On a side note, (it might be part of the overall problem) whenever I add the variables I am using to the NC files I output,

SAVE/clobber/FILE=VerticalWindSpeedNZCorrel_VAPOUR2.nc PascalVAPOUR

 it give me this message:

**TMAP ERR: attempt to redefine line
             axis AX006YY of grid for PASCALVAPOUR doesn't match CDF file

However, I can then successfully add the variable to the file with the append function after it has been created.

SAVE/append/FILE=VerticalWindSpeedNZCorrel_VAPOUR2.nc PascalVAPOUR
 LISTing to file VerticalWindSpeedNZCorrel_VAPOUR2.nc

This also happened when I was originally constructing my vertical file from each horizontal level. The first time I clobbered and created the file, it gave me the identical t-map error and I had to re-append the variable. After the file was created though, I could append each pressure level without issue.

Alexander Audet