Re: [ferret_users] integration from surface pressure level at each grid point

Hi Pratik,

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 3:42 PM Pratik Kad <pratikkad17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

I would like to take vertical integration from surface pressure level to top level. I have estimated height with respect to pressure level; I need to take surface pressure where we have a first positive value.

[ . . . ]

[ . . . ]

yes? let integrate = any_para[z=875:10@din]

How can I define the surface pressure level at each grid point

You don't have to.  A better method is to "mask out" levels where height is negative:

let new_para = if H ge 0 then any_para endif

and integrate this new variable.  Then, the levels where H < 0 are automatically ignored.

Ryo