Re: [ferret_users] white space in latitude-time cross-section plot (Hovemuller plot)

Assuming that the data is just 12 months, then Ferret will not recognize the axis as modulo, and won't know how to extend it earlier than mid-January or later than mid-December.

You can force it to be modulo, then do as Ryo suggests:

let modvar = var_name[gt=month_irreg@mod]    ! now has a repeating monthly time axis

! first check that the regridding did what you expect:
plot/line/sym/y="pickanylatitude" var_name,modvar    ! are they the same? Then proceed

fill/set/l=0:13 modvar          ! extend the plot from the preceding Dec to the following Jan
ppl time,w000001010000,w000012312359    ! force the time axis to be from 1 Jan to 31 Dec
ppl txlint,1,0               ! omit the year axis label (would be year "0000")
ppl fill                  ! finally, draw the plot

It can also be visually useful to plot two successive years:
fill/set/l=0:25 modvar          ! extend the plot from the preceding Dec to the second Jan
ppl time,w000001010000,w000112312359    ! force the time axis to be from 1 Jan to 31 Dec